We bought a pasta maker/roller from Bed Bath and Beyond a while ago, and we use it once or twice a month.
1. Mix the batter together and form into a ball. let the dough rest for 15 minutes, make sure to cover it with a damp towel to keep it moist.
2. Grab about 1/4 of the dough and flatten it out a bit on a floured surface, then place the pasta maker on the highest or largest setting.
3. The pasta will go through the highest setting three times. Between each time, fold it oer and flour it heavily.
4. From now on, decrease the roller size one notch at a time and do NOT fold the dough anymore. Eventually, the dough will flatten out completely. Make sure to continue putting flour ont eh dough to dry it out.
1. This is our pasta maker. It has both a spaghetti and fettucine setting.
2. After the pasta has been rolled out to the desired thickness, put it through the grooved side to cut it into noodles.
3. The recipe we use makes so much pasta. We eat on it for days (one of my favorite parts).
4. Homemade noodles only need about 3 minutes in boiling water, which is nice since it does take a bit to make the actual noodles.