2.29.2012

March 2012

It is the beginning of a new era.  March will be my transformation month.  I know that I said a similar thing a few weeks ago about having a new found motivation to change the things I want to change, but the motivation didn't result in a while lot of action lol. This month, I have confidence that I will.  Now, I am writing this while fighting off a terrible cold, sinus mess, which bums me out to no end.  


In preparation of my transformation month, I have purchased new running shoes and downloaded the iMapMyRun app for my iPhone.  That's right, I'm going to start working out and eating healthier as my first step.  I know that I have said these things before, that so many people have said this things before.  I don't know how to explain it, but it is different this time.  I will accomplish my goals this time.  


In high school, I was able to accomplish a lot through running.  I lost about 15 to 20 pounds and did an amazing job keeping up with a workout schedule and eating healthy.  Then I got mono and never really recovered to my full workout regime again, despite trying over and over again throughout the years.  


So my goal is to lose two to three pant sizes by the end of the summer, which I am calling July 31.  I don't work well counting in pounds but do much better in terms of clothing sizes.  It would be amazing to exceed this goal, but I have learned that more manageable goals are not only easier to attain that can help with set backs like this cold.  Besides, I am not looking for this ride to be one that ends at the end of July, I want it to be life changing.....no I NEED it to be life changing and in order to do that I need to take it slowly so I can enjoy it and not spiral down a path that ends with me being unhappy with myself for lack of progress.  


Having an attainable goal made public is the first step right? Well...it is my first step anyway.  So here is to the month of March being everything and just the beginning!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...