11.09.2011

Banana Nut Bread

I don't typically make a lot of bread, but Banana Nut Bread is something that gets made about 4 or 5 times a year.  I LOVE it!  I have been using my mom's recipe forever, and to be honest, I do not know what cook book it is from, but here it is.




























Banana Nut Bread- from my mom


1 C. Butter
2 C. Sugar
4 Eggs
1/4 t. Salt
2 t. Baking Soda
4 C. Flour
6 Bananas- mashed
1 C. Chopped Pecans


Cream butter and sugar.  Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition, mix dry ingredients together. Add dry mix to creamed mixture, stir in bananas and pecans.  Pour mix into 2 greased loaf pans, bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hours or until toothpick comes out clean.






Just for an FYI I used one large and two small loaf pans.  This way I can share the small ones, because Nick and I wouldn't be able to eat two full loaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...