9.30.2011

On Our Nightstands: #7

The month of September has been very busy work wise.  Usually, I go on here to blow off steam and spend my spare time.  I, however, have been reading like crazy instead.  


A friend of mine at work shares a passion for reading with me, and we talk books often.  For my birthday, she gave me a list of books she thought I might like.  And, boy do I ever like this book.


I started reading The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss just two weeks ago and am currently more than half way through the 700+ page book.  It is amazing, so far.  It is the first book in the Kingkiller Chronicles, so I do not know how it will end, especially since only two of the three books are out now. 


The book is one man's life story told by him to another character in the book who is recording the story for him.  It follows his progress through Rothfuss's created world where demons live among us and magic can be done by knowing the name of the elements. 










I cannot wait to continue readin this book and moving on to the next one.  Thanks to my friend from work for recommending this amazing book to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...